BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2009 4:40 PM ET
- Do you remember the first time you heard "All I Wanna Do," Sheryl Crow's Rolling Stones-esque meditation on ennui, daytime drinking, and Santa Monica Boulevard, L.A.'s gay boulevard of broken dreams? That catchy tune — and the entire Tuesday Night Music Club album — served as a rollicking introduction to rocker chick Crow. Fittingly, a deluxe edition of TNMC comes out this Tuesday, and it features four previously unreleased recordings from 1995, TNMC videos, and a never-before-seen documentary from the 1993-95 Tuesday Night Music Club tour.
- OK, it's actually a DVD, but the Indigo Girls are always all about the music. Live at the Roxy,
coming out Tuesday, is them at their jammin' best, playing in their
home state of Georgia, specifically at Atlanta's Roxy Theatre. The 2007
performance has them joined by lesbian folk artist Brandi Carlile and
playing fan favorites like "Closer to Fine" and their rendition of
"Midnight Train to Georgia."
- Fall Out Boy — the band with Pete Wentz — releases Believers Never Die: Greatest Hits on Tuesday. Yes, the boys from Chicago have achieved much chart success, including hits like "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" and "Dance, Dance." This CD/DVD features videos, and two new songs, including "Alpha Dog."
- Madonna did it, and now it's Janet's turn. Ms. Jackson gifts us with a 34-song double album this week that has most of the faves: "Black Cat," "Miss You Much," and "If" (there's little love for newer material; "Rock With U" and "So Excited" didn't make the cut). There's also the obligatory new song: the Michael-sounding "Make Me."
Also out this week: Jennifer Aniston's f-buddy John Mayer releases the well-reviewed Battle Studies, British sensation Leona Lewis puts out the post-"Bleeding Love" Echo, and Norah Jones updates her sound (a bit) with the less narcolepsy-inducing The Fall.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM