BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2009 3:40 PM ET
- Do you remember the first time you heard "All I Wanna Do," Sheryl Crow's Rolling Stones-esque meditation on ennui, daytime drinking, and Santa Monica Boulevard, L.A.'s gay boulevard of broken dreams? That catchy tune — and the entire Tuesday Night Music Club album — served as a rollicking introduction to rocker chick Crow. Fittingly, a deluxe edition of TNMC comes out this Tuesday, and it features four previously unreleased recordings from 1995, TNMC videos, and a never-before-seen documentary from the 1993-95 Tuesday Night Music Club tour.
- OK, it's actually a DVD, but the Indigo Girls are always all about the music. Live at the Roxy,
coming out Tuesday, is them at their jammin' best, playing in their
home state of Georgia, specifically at Atlanta's Roxy Theatre. The 2007
performance has them joined by lesbian folk artist Brandi Carlile and
playing fan favorites like "Closer to Fine" and their rendition of
"Midnight Train to Georgia."
- Fall Out Boy — the band with Pete Wentz — releases Believers Never Die: Greatest Hits on Tuesday. Yes, the boys from Chicago have achieved much chart success, including hits like "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" and "Dance, Dance." This CD/DVD features videos, and two new songs, including "Alpha Dog."
- Madonna did it, and now it's Janet's turn. Ms. Jackson gifts us with a 34-song double album this week that has most of the faves: "Black Cat," "Miss You Much," and "If" (there's little love for newer material; "Rock With U" and "So Excited" didn't make the cut). There's also the obligatory new song: the Michael-sounding "Make Me."
Also out this week: Jennifer Aniston's f-buddy John Mayer releases the well-reviewed Battle Studies, British sensation Leona Lewis puts out the post-"Bleeding Love" Echo, and Norah Jones updates her sound (a bit) with the less narcolepsy-inducing The Fall.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 28 min 52 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM