BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2009 4:40 PM ET
- Brüno: Sacha Baron Cohen’s gay fashionista moves to Los Angeles to become "the biggest Austrian superstar since Hitler" in this feature film rife with extreme gay stereotypes. Since much of the humor is derived from reactions by "normal" people to the flamboyant rogue, whether the film exposes homophobia or perpetuates negative stereotypes depends on your sensibilities. The DVD and Blu-ray release offers a myriad of bonus features, including deleted scenes such as one involving La Toya Jackson that was removed by the studio in light of Michael’s death. Watch it here.
- Up: Pixar has done it again. In one of the most emotional, touching movies of the year, follow the adventures of Carl Fredricksen, a widower who sets off to take the adventure his wife was never able to with the help of a mouthy Boy Scout and a talking dog. Doesn’t sound terribly kid-friendly or sophisticated, but like previous Pixar films, it’s sure to touch your heart and tickle your funny bone.
- Spread: Ashton Kutcher and Anne Heche turn up the heat in this little-seen dramedy that pairs the two as lovers — even if one of them is paying for it. Kutcher strips down (literally and figuratively) as Nikki, a lothario who sleeps his way into a life of privilege with Samantha (Heche), a high-powered attorney. Things go awry when he meets and falls for a girl who’s playing the same game. Think American Gigolo meets Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 1 hour 14 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 2 hours 14 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 59 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM