What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 2:20 PM ET
The Rules of Attraction by Brett Easton Ellis (published in 1987)
I totally identified with the bisexual character Paul Denton and could read the book openly without causing too much commotion.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Outrage After Idaho Trans Woman Buried 'As a Man'
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Rock Legend Introduces Classic Gay Star to New Generation