What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
The Color Purple by Alice Walker (published in 1982)
This epic tale of friendship, love, womanhood, injustice, and life for black families in the old South has reached generations of women looking to find their voices.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument