What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
The Color Purple by Alice Walker (published in 1982)
This epic tale of friendship, love, womanhood, injustice, and life for black families in the old South has reached generations of women looking to find their voices.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'