What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
The Color Purple by Alice Walker (published in 1982)
This epic tale of friendship, love, womanhood, injustice, and life for black families in the old South has reached generations of women looking to find their voices.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail