What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
Flesh and Blood by Michael Cunningham (published in 1995)
A quirky and deeply touching family saga from the author of The Hours. Gay son Will is in many ways the heart of the troubled Stassos family, which includes his two sisters (one steeped in the counterculture, one trapped in conventionality) and his mismatched parents, all trying to cope with the changes and challenges of late-20th-century America.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination