What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
Flesh and Blood by Michael Cunningham (published in 1995)
A quirky and deeply touching family saga from the author of The Hours. Gay son Will is in many ways the heart of the troubled Stassos family, which includes his two sisters (one steeped in the counterculture, one trapped in conventionality) and his mismatched parents, all trying to cope with the changes and challenges of late-20th-century America.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal