What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin (published in 1956)
Having been very familiar with the writing of Baldwin since high school, I still arrived at Giovanni’s Room a bit late in the game but caught up and on very quickly. And it was set in Paris, so what more could you ask for?
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination