What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin (published in 1956)
Having been very familiar with the writing of Baldwin since high school, I still arrived at Giovanni’s Room a bit late in the game but caught up and on very quickly. And it was set in Paris, so what more could you ask for?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality