What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
The Hours by Michael Cunningham (published in 1998)
Cunningham weaves together three unforgettable stories (all linked by Virginia Woolf’s classic novel Mrs. Dalloway) about three incredible women (including Woolf herself). In particular, the story of lesbian Clarissa and her relationship with her gay best friend (who is dying) is incredibly moving.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs