What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
The Hours by Michael Cunningham (published in 1998)
Cunningham weaves together three unforgettable stories (all linked by Virginia Woolf’s classic novel Mrs. Dalloway) about three incredible women (including Woolf herself). In particular, the story of lesbian Clarissa and her relationship with her gay best friend (who is dying) is incredibly moving.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend