What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
The Hours by Michael Cunningham (published in 1998)
Cunningham weaves together three unforgettable stories (all linked by Virginia Woolf’s classic novel Mrs. Dalloway) about three incredible women (including Woolf herself). In particular, the story of lesbian Clarissa and her relationship with her gay best friend (who is dying) is incredibly moving.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban