Henry Rollins's Photo Realism
BY Winston Gieseke
September 13 2011 6:00 AM ET
New Delhi, India, 2009
Rollins: I have found that there is nothing more still than a dead body. I guess I am so used to them moving that, when they are dead, the stillness is very still. The number of flies on this New Delhi man and the texture of the skin on his face made me think he had perhaps expired. I thought I saw his chest slightly rise as if he were breathing, but it could have just been the flies moving.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs