Henry Rollins's Photo Realism
BY Winston Gieseke
September 13 2011 5:00 AM ET
New Delhi, India, 2009
Rollins: I have found that there is nothing more still than a dead body. I guess I am so used to them moving that, when they are dead, the stillness is very still. The number of flies on this New Delhi man and the texture of the skin on his face made me think he had perhaps expired. I thought I saw his chest slightly rise as if he were breathing, but it could have just been the flies moving.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland