BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2011 5:00 AM ET
Officially the ninth novel in lesbian author Jacqueline Carey's D'Angeline series, Naamah’s Kiss (Grand Central Publishing, $26.95) is set decades
after the events of the first book in the series as the half-Maghuin-Dhonn
druid, half-D’Angeline sex priestess Moirin returns to Terre d’Ange to find the
royal family broken. Not the best of the critically acclaimed Naamah series (Naamah’s
Curse and Naamah’s
Kiss are the others)
but this book is, like the others, sure to be on the New York Times bestseller list for weeks.
Still, fantasy fans would be best served by starting the series at the
beginning (with Kushiel’s Dart) or you
really won’t understand what’s going on. — Susan Hernandez
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman