Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
The Feast Nearby,
by Robin Mather (Ten Speed Press)
Former food critic at the Chicago Tribune, Mather got divorced and lost her job two years ago. She retreated to her native rural Michigan and began limiting her food budget to $40 a week. Mather ate only local, seasonal food, entering a yearlong
journey into locavore eating that she documents in both books and recipes.
Among the edibles in the recipes: Baked Indian Pudding and Thai Style Pumpkin
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender