Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
The Feast Nearby,
by Robin Mather (Ten Speed Press)
Former food critic at the Chicago Tribune, Mather got divorced and lost her job two years ago. She retreated to her native rural Michigan and began limiting her food budget to $40 a week. Mather ate only local, seasonal food, entering a yearlong
journey into locavore eating that she documents in both books and recipes.
Among the edibles in the recipes: Baked Indian Pudding and Thai Style Pumpkin
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination