Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It and Other Kitchen Projects, by Karen Solomon (Ten Speed Press)
Punk domesticity is all the rage these days
and queers are chief among the hipsters with Mason jars and forage kits. But
many need a how-to for their DIY kitchen wizardry and Can It, Bottle It does the trick with over 75 recipes and techniques
for making homemade jams, pickles, muesli, syrups and more. Solomon, the author
of The Cheap Bastard's Guide to San Francisco, is a long-time food writer who knows her stuff.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City