Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
The Quarter-Acre Farm: How I Kept the Patio, Lost the
Lawn, and Fed My Family for a Year,
by Spring Warren (Seal Press)
Deciding to grow 75% of her family's food in
her not-so-spacious suburban backyard turned urban farm, Warren, the author of Turpentine, takes us on the journey with a humorous look at
bugs, harvests, failures and triumphs. Most interesting are down home how-to’s
for a Green Chile Chili or Escargot in Two Colors.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Florida's Twice-Divorced Attorney General Opposes Lesbian Divorce
- Alaska High Schooler: Congressman's Apology 'Doesn't Mean Crap'
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP