Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
The Quarter-Acre Farm: How I Kept the Patio, Lost the
Lawn, and Fed My Family for a Year,
by Spring Warren (Seal Press)
Deciding to grow 75% of her family's food in
her not-so-spacious suburban backyard turned urban farm, Warren, the author of Turpentine, takes us on the journey with a humorous look at
bugs, harvests, failures and triumphs. Most interesting are down home how-to’s
for a Green Chile Chili or Escargot in Two Colors.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal