Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 10:41 AM ET
The Quarter-Acre Farm: How I Kept the Patio, Lost the
Lawn, and Fed My Family for a Year,
by Spring Warren (Seal Press)
Deciding to grow 75% of her family's food in
her not-so-spacious suburban backyard turned urban farm, Warren, the author of Turpentine, takes us on the journey with a humorous look at
bugs, harvests, failures and triumphs. Most interesting are down home how-to’s
for a Green Chile Chili or Escargot in Two Colors.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View