Bookshelf: Naked Women for the Holidays
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 14 2011 3:00 AM ET
Ellen von Unwerth: Fraulein
Famed photographer Ellen von Unwerth is easily one of the world’s most successful fashion photographers and in this new collection, Ellen von Unwerth: Fraulein ($42, Taschen), she celebrates the form of some of the world’s most desirable femmes. Among them: Kate Moss, Britney Spears, Eva Mendes, Lindsay Lohan, Dita von Teese, Carla Bruni, and Christina Aguilera. Von Unweth’s images were shot over the last 15 years and many were previously unpublished. Even though they’re celebrities, the women in these shots — some nude, some in lingerie or sheets — feel like ordinary beauties, and each image is riveting and almost romantic in gaze. Bonus points: the author of the whopping 472-page book is a lesbian, Ingrid Sischy, who is a contributing editor for Vanity Fair and the longtime former editor in chief of Interview magazine.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'