Bookshelf: Naked Women for the Holidays
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 14 2011 2:00 AM ET
Female Erotic Photography
Finish-Hungarian-American Reka Nyari is a Gen-X fine artist who got her start as a model first, which is one reason she brings a sympathetic and earnest gaze to her female models in Female Erotic Photography ($26, Femme Fatale). Her first official American book of photography, Female Erotic Photography, is a 214-page compilation of her greatest work without any overriding focus. But a theme easily emerges from her images — women’s inner and outer lives merging — in a way that lets Nyari blend black-and-white scenes of pleasure and sexuality with stark labia shots, nude art models, and even some men (thankfully, not too many). It’s a fascinating and sort of spectacular mix.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View