Bookshelf: Naked Women for the Holidays
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 14 2011 3:00 AM ET
Female Erotic Photography
Finish-Hungarian-American Reka Nyari is a Gen-X fine artist who got her start as a model first, which is one reason she brings a sympathetic and earnest gaze to her female models in Female Erotic Photography ($26, Femme Fatale). Her first official American book of photography, Female Erotic Photography, is a 214-page compilation of her greatest work without any overriding focus. But a theme easily emerges from her images — women’s inner and outer lives merging — in a way that lets Nyari blend black-and-white scenes of pleasure and sexuality with stark labia shots, nude art models, and even some men (thankfully, not too many). It’s a fascinating and sort of spectacular mix.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival