Bookshelf: Naked Women for the Holidays
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 14 2011 3:00 AM ET
Female Erotic Photography
Finish-Hungarian-American Reka Nyari is a Gen-X fine artist who got her start as a model first, which is one reason she brings a sympathetic and earnest gaze to her female models in Female Erotic Photography ($26, Femme Fatale). Her first official American book of photography, Female Erotic Photography, is a 214-page compilation of her greatest work without any overriding focus. But a theme easily emerges from her images — women’s inner and outer lives merging — in a way that lets Nyari blend black-and-white scenes of pleasure and sexuality with stark labia shots, nude art models, and even some men (thankfully, not too many). It’s a fascinating and sort of spectacular mix.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win