Advocate Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 19 2011 7:30 PM ET
Sex Changes: The Politics of Transgenderism ($27, Cleis)
Califia's meticulously researched Sex Changes tackles the lives of early transgender pioneers as well as modern trans activists looks at everything from biology and sociology to politics. Anything written by this sex radical therapist is frank and provocative, and this book is no exception.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- After Years of Hiding in Hollywood, Trans Actress Trace Lysette Is Finally 'Living Out Loud'
- WATCH: 'Reporting Tonight: Thomas Roberts,' First Out Gay Man To Anchor Network News
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation