Advocate Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 19 2011 7:30 PM ET
She’s Not There: A Life in Two Genders ($10, Broadway)
Anna Quindlen probably said it best when she said, “Probably no book I’ve read in recent years has made me so question my basic assumptions about both the centrality and the permeability of gender, and made me recognize myself in a situation I’ve never known and have never faced." Jennifer Finney Boylan's She's Not There is probably one of the best trans memoirs because it's funny, moving, annoying, and revealing and at it's heart a story that's so universally about acceptance it's no surprise it became a best-seller.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?