Advocate Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 19 2011 7:30 PM ET
Becoming a Visible Man ($25, Vanderbilt)
One of the leading transgender activists in the world, Jamison Green's earnest autobiography offers a brilliant analysis of the multiple challenges of social transition written by a man that for over a decade has provided educational programs for corporations, colleges, and cops, among others. Becoming a Visible Man is a must-read for many folks (especially trans men and the people who love them) and the threads on Green's life as a lesbian parent prior to coming out as trans will be riveting for many readers.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?