Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2011 2:15 PM ET
Gender Outlaw ($11, Vintage)
Kate Bornstein is a lesbian trans woman who likes to say she’s a gender outlaw for breaking the laws of nature. Combining memoir, cultural criticism, and her own dramatic writing, Gender Outlaw explains why folks don’t understand the difference between gender and sexual orientation, how gender is a cultural construct, and why fighting the gender binary is a mandatory mission for many.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Santorum Campaign Low on Funds, Losing Staffers
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer