Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2011 2:15 PM ET
Gender Outlaw ($11, Vintage)
Kate Bornstein is a lesbian trans woman who likes to say she’s a gender outlaw for breaking the laws of nature. Combining memoir, cultural criticism, and her own dramatic writing, Gender Outlaw explains why folks don’t understand the difference between gender and sexual orientation, how gender is a cultural construct, and why fighting the gender binary is a mandatory mission for many.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule