Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2011 2:15 PM ET
Just Add Hormones: An Insider's Guide to the Transsexual Experience ($15, Beacon)
After 42 years of life as a straight woman, author Matt Kailey began living as a man (thanks in no small dose to testosterone, surgery, and some good therapy). In Just Add Hormones, Kailey offers an insider's perspective on life as a trans man (from pronouns to packing), but it's his analysis of these experiences that makes it worth a read.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color