Bookshelf: Best Non-Fiction Transgender Books
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2011 2:15 PM ET
Just Add Hormones: An Insider's Guide to the Transsexual Experience ($15, Beacon)
After 42 years of life as a straight woman, author Matt Kailey began living as a man (thanks in no small dose to testosterone, surgery, and some good therapy). In Just Add Hormones, Kailey offers an insider's perspective on life as a trans man (from pronouns to packing), but it's his analysis of these experiences that makes it worth a read.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- In the Galleries: Are We Different?
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News