Bookshelf: Healing Reading
BY Winston Gieseke
December 22 2011 5:00 AM ET
The Confidence Gap: A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt by Russ Harris
Is a lack of self-confidence keeping you from life’s opportunities? Does the idea of speaking in public, taking on a leadership role, or simply asking someone out to dinner paralyze you? Using the techniques of acceptance and commitment therapy, author Russ Harris offers a surprising alternative to simply getting over your fears. The secret, he says, is transforming your anxieties and negative feelings into a confidence-building tool that actually frees you from the negativity that’s holding you back. Trumpeter, $15.95
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend