Bookshelf: Healing Reading
BY Winston Gieseke
December 22 2011 5:00 AM ET
The Confidence Gap: A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt by Russ Harris
Is a lack of self-confidence keeping you from life’s opportunities? Does the idea of speaking in public, taking on a leadership role, or simply asking someone out to dinner paralyze you? Using the techniques of acceptance and commitment therapy, author Russ Harris offers a surprising alternative to simply getting over your fears. The secret, he says, is transforming your anxieties and negative feelings into a confidence-building tool that actually frees you from the negativity that’s holding you back. Trumpeter, $15.95
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- With Marriage Off the Table, Is Trans Community the New Target?