Bookshelf: Healing Reading
BY Winston Gieseke
December 22 2011 5:00 AM ET
The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
It’s hard not to feel inadequate in a world full of marketing and societal messages that dictate how fabulous we’re supposed to look and feel. Author Brené Brown, an expert on shame, authenticity, and belonging, reveals 10 guideposts on the power of worthiness that help us cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection to love ourselves and embrace a fuller, happier life. Hazelden Publishing, $14.95
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'