Bookshelf: Healing Reading
BY Winston Gieseke
December 22 2011 5:00 AM ET
The Compassionate-Mind Guide to Building Social Confidence by Lynne Henderson, Ph.D.
Shyness is a universal human emotion, a blend of fear and interest, and from it comes many positive personality traits. However, it also welcomes self-criticism and a lack of assertiveness. Combining compassion-focused therapy with the wisdom of Buddhist spirituality, this guide by Lynne Henderson, Ph.D., founder and codirector of the Shyness Institute, aims to help readers reduce shame and self-judgment in order to comfortably connect with others. New Harbinger Publications, $16.95
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'