Bookshelf: Healing Reading
BY Winston Gieseke
December 22 2011 5:00 AM ET
The Compassionate-Mind Guide to Building Social Confidence by Lynne Henderson, Ph.D.
Shyness is a universal human emotion, a blend of fear and interest, and from it comes many positive personality traits. However, it also welcomes self-criticism and a lack of assertiveness. Combining compassion-focused therapy with the wisdom of Buddhist spirituality, this guide by Lynne Henderson, Ph.D., founder and codirector of the Shyness Institute, aims to help readers reduce shame and self-judgment in order to comfortably connect with others. New Harbinger Publications, $16.95
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- Why Are We Gay?