Bookshelf: Pleasure Seekers and Secret Keepers
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
February 24 2012 5:00 AM ET
It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living edited by Dan Savage and Terry Miller
Since its founding in late 2010, the It Gets Better Project has spawned over 10,000 videos of bullied LGBT individuals as well as allies telling their stories of overcoming adversity. In the It Gets Better book, just released in paperback, project cocreators Dan Savage and Terry Miller (his partner) compile tales of everyday people and famous figures like Barack Obama, Tim Gunn, and Suze Orman in a collection that is as inspiring as the videos. (Plume, $15) — Josh Hinkle
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?