Bookshelf: Pleasure Seekers and Secret Keepers
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
February 24 2012 5:00 AM ET
It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living edited by Dan Savage and Terry Miller
Since its founding in late 2010, the It Gets Better Project has spawned over 10,000 videos of bullied LGBT individuals as well as allies telling their stories of overcoming adversity. In the It Gets Better book, just released in paperback, project cocreators Dan Savage and Terry Miller (his partner) compile tales of everyday people and famous figures like Barack Obama, Tim Gunn, and Suze Orman in a collection that is as inspiring as the videos. (Plume, $15) — Josh Hinkle
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?