Advocate Bookshelf: Tiny Tomes
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 20 2012 2:00 AM ET
Urban Mindfulness by Jonathan S. Kaplan, Ph.D ($16, New Harbinger)
Think being Zen happens only in peaceful, quiet settings? Think again, according to this clinical psychologist, who founded UrbanMindfulness.com. In this easy-to-read pocket-size book, Kaplan lays out exercises for how to make your world a bit more peaceful, including workplace meditations and using Google Earth to envision the natural environment.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Over 100 Photos Of DC Black Pride
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses