Advocate Bookshelf: Tiny Tomes
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 20 2012 2:00 AM ET
Urban Mindfulness by Jonathan S. Kaplan, Ph.D ($16, New Harbinger)
Think being Zen happens only in peaceful, quiet settings? Think again, according to this clinical psychologist, who founded UrbanMindfulness.com. In this easy-to-read pocket-size book, Kaplan lays out exercises for how to make your world a bit more peaceful, including workplace meditations and using Google Earth to envision the natural environment.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion