Advocate Bookshelf: Tiny Tomes
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 20 2012 2:00 AM ET
Urban Mindfulness by Jonathan S. Kaplan, Ph.D ($16, New Harbinger)
Think being Zen happens only in peaceful, quiet settings? Think again, according to this clinical psychologist, who founded UrbanMindfulness.com. In this easy-to-read pocket-size book, Kaplan lays out exercises for how to make your world a bit more peaceful, including workplace meditations and using Google Earth to envision the natural environment.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr