Advocate Bookshelf: Tiny Tomes
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 20 2012 2:00 AM ET
He Will Laugh by Douglas Ray ($15, Lethe Press)
A former Lambda Literary Foundation poetry fellow, Ray has pulled together a vivid debut collection that traces a relationship between two men, barely beyond boyhood, in a cyclical fashion from tragedy to their first meeting to sex and love and the mess of life and back to that original tragedy. Haunting and tender works that make Ray one to watch.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'