Anne Rice Says Gay People Are Winning the Battle for Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 09 2012 8:24 PM ET
Author Anne Rice posted an inspiring message for her LGBT fans Sunday, saying "You are winning the battle for equal rights."
Rise, beloved by LGBT fans for her best-selling novels such as Interview With the Vampire, The Witching Hour, and her latest, The Wolf Gift, and who is also the mother of gay son and fellow writer Christopher Rice, posted the following message online: "Happy Easter, Gay People of the World: you have indeed risen in the last few decades from centuries of persecution and oppression. May this be a great holiday for you all wherever you are. You are winning the battle for equal rights. And your victory over discrimination and hate is a victory for all oppressed persons. Happy Easter!"
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM