Anne Rice Says Gay People Are Winning the Battle for Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 09 2012 8:24 PM ET
Author Anne Rice posted an inspiring message for her LGBT fans Sunday, saying "You are winning the battle for equal rights."
Rise, beloved by LGBT fans for her best-selling novels such as Interview With the Vampire, The Witching Hour, and her latest, The Wolf Gift, and who is also the mother of gay son and fellow writer Christopher Rice, posted the following message online: "Happy Easter, Gay People of the World: you have indeed risen in the last few decades from centuries of persecution and oppression. May this be a great holiday for you all wherever you are. You are winning the battle for equal rights. And your victory over discrimination and hate is a victory for all oppressed persons. Happy Easter!"
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman