Anne Rice Says Gay People Are Winning the Battle for Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 09 2012 7:24 PM ET
Author Anne Rice posted an inspiring message for her LGBT fans Sunday, saying "You are winning the battle for equal rights."
Rise, beloved by LGBT fans for her best-selling novels such as Interview With the Vampire, The Witching Hour, and her latest, The Wolf Gift, and who is also the mother of gay son and fellow writer Christopher Rice, posted the following message online: "Happy Easter, Gay People of the World: you have indeed risen in the last few decades from centuries of persecution and oppression. May this be a great holiday for you all wherever you are. You are winning the battle for equal rights. And your victory over discrimination and hate is a victory for all oppressed persons. Happy Easter!"
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Marriage Equality Good for New Mexico Kids, Experts Say
- Latest News India Reinstates Gay Sex Ban 38 min 11 sec ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 41 min 30 sec ago
- Media Edie Windsor is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 2 hours 1 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM
- Transgender Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site December 10 2013 9:08 PM