Anne Rice Says Gay People Are Winning the Battle for Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 09 2012 8:24 PM ET
Author Anne Rice posted an inspiring message for her LGBT fans Sunday, saying "You are winning the battle for equal rights."
Rise, beloved by LGBT fans for her best-selling novels such as Interview With the Vampire, The Witching Hour, and her latest, The Wolf Gift, and who is also the mother of gay son and fellow writer Christopher Rice, posted the following message online: "Happy Easter, Gay People of the World: you have indeed risen in the last few decades from centuries of persecution and oppression. May this be a great holiday for you all wherever you are. You are winning the battle for equal rights. And your victory over discrimination and hate is a victory for all oppressed persons. Happy Easter!"
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark 14 min 57 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang 28 min 35 sec ago
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? 41 min 41 sec ago
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested 1 hour 21 min ago
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 2 hours 22 min ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 4:25 PM