Bookshelf: Five Great Overlooked Lesbian Books From 2012
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Something Spectacular: The True Story of One Rockette's Battle With Bulimia by Greta Gleissner (Seal Press)
After she fulfilled a longtime dream to become a Rockette, the famous dancers who perform at Radio City Music Hall in New York, author Greta Gleissner swore she'd change her life. Unfortunately, her habit of bingeing and purging got worse, and the dancer fell into the grip of an eating disorder that poisoned her life "from the inside out." As her struggle to look like the other Rockettes intensifies, Gleissner goes on a search of self-discovery that reveals not only her sense of inadequacy but also her unspoken queerness. (SealPress.com)
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'