Does Jesus Love You? Books About Gays and Religion
BY Christopher Rudolph
December 20 2012 5:32 AM ET
Pray the Gay Away by Bernadette Barton (NYU Press, $27.95)
Aside from the occasional visit to Dollywood, the Bible Belt is usually not a top tourist destination for gays and lesbians, but author Bernadette Barton goes “behind enemy lines” with this in-depth look at LGBT life in America's most fundamentalist corners, places where many are still fighting for their rights. (NYUPress.org)
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- Benjy 'The Gay Bull' Is Actually Bisexual