Does Jesus Love You? Books About Gays and Religion
BY Christopher Rudolph
December 20 2012 4:32 AM ET
Pray the Gay Away by Bernadette Barton (NYU Press, $27.95)
Aside from the occasional visit to Dollywood, the Bible Belt is usually not a top tourist destination for gays and lesbians, but author Bernadette Barton goes “behind enemy lines” with this in-depth look at LGBT life in America's most fundamentalist corners, places where many are still fighting for their rights. (NYUPress.org)
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'