Books for Young LGBT Folks and Anyone Who Wants to Understand Them
BY Clea Kim
January 31 2013 5:00 AM ET UPDATED: September 24 2014 2:24 PM ET
Between You & Me by Marisa Calin (Bloomsbury, $16.99)
In this debut novel, author Marisa Calin tells a different story of first love in the form of a screenplay. Phyre as “ME” is a girl who starts to develop feelings for her new drama teacher, a woman named Mia. Phyre’s best friend, addressed as “YOU,” is always by her side although we are never clear if “YOU” is a male or female. As Mia is oblivious to Phyre’s feelings, Phyre cannot comprehend the depth of her best friend’s feelings. But while Phyre tries to get close to Mia, her relationship with her best friend starts to grow apart. This dynamic story about unrequited love, relationships and the complications they bring is an easy and fun read for young adults.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel