Books for Young LGBT Folks and Anyone Who Wants to Understand Them
BY Clea Kim
January 31 2013 5:00 AM ET UPDATED: September 24 2014 2:24 PM ET
I Heard the Pastor’s Daughter Is Gay by Luana Reach Torres (Regal Crest, $15.95)
Ever wonder what it’s like to be a gay Christian? If you already know, then this book will hit home for you. I Heard the Pastor’s Daughter Is Gay tells the story of Katie North, a pastor’s daughter and perfect high school student. Her whole world changes when she falls in love for the first time with Jay Miller, a girl. Because Katie has been brought up with conservative Christian beliefs, her feelings for Jay are confusing. However, she still decides to explore these new feelings. This book will take you on an adventure of self-recognition and acceptance.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'