16 Great Books to Read This Week
BY Nick Pachelli
March 25 2013 8:00 AM ET
Rapture Practice by Aaron Hartzler (Hachette/Little, Brown and Company)
Growing up in a home waiting for that penultimate moment, the Rapture, is all Aaron Hartzler knew as a kid. But jumping into his teen years full of temptation, lies, and questionable friends, Hartzler realized there was too much fun to be had to check out so soon. Rapture Practice tells the hilarious and sincere true stories of the gay author as a boy, ultimately about struggling with what we all struggle with: discovering who we truly are while balancing that with staying true to where we come from.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Op-ed: The Amtrak Accident Isn't Part of the Gay Agenda
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding