16 Great Books to Read This Week
BY Nick Pachelli
March 25 2013 7:00 AM ET
Leap by Z Egloff (Bywater Books)
The summer vacation between high school and college is supposed to be carefree, a limbo period awaiting the next big step in life. Not the case for Rowan Marks. Small town Ohio brings its fair share of conflict for Rowan when her brother develops a smoking problem and her best friend starts falling in love with her. But the conflicts explode when hearts get broken and a family is torn apart. The poignant coming of age story, from the winner of the Bywater Prize for Fiction, asks, when is the right time to give up and just leave? (BywaterBooks.com, $12.95)
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet