20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 5:00 AM ET
The Breeders by Matthew J. Beier (Epicality Books, $14.99)
The story is set in the future after the Bio Wars, a war between heterosexuals and homosexuals. Homosexuals, who were once the social minority, have won and taken over the world. They realized the dangers of an overpopulated planet, seized government power, and created a society of perfectly engineered families. Grace and Dex — heterosexuals who are part of the government’s controlled backup plan for reproduction — find themselves in a difficult situation. Grace is pregnant with Dex’s baby. They have two options: Surrender to the government or run and risk being banished to the Antarctic Sanctuary, an isolated biological reserve where reproductive criminals are sent. They decide to run in search of hope for their unborn child. This heart-wrenching story is filled with passion and inspiration. It will truly be an engrossing read for the LGBT audience.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic