20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 5:00 AM ET
The Breeders by Matthew J. Beier (Epicality Books, $14.99)
The story is set in the future after the Bio Wars, a war between heterosexuals and homosexuals. Homosexuals, who were once the social minority, have won and taken over the world. They realized the dangers of an overpopulated planet, seized government power, and created a society of perfectly engineered families. Grace and Dex — heterosexuals who are part of the government’s controlled backup plan for reproduction — find themselves in a difficult situation. Grace is pregnant with Dex’s baby. They have two options: Surrender to the government or run and risk being banished to the Antarctic Sanctuary, an isolated biological reserve where reproductive criminals are sent. They decide to run in search of hope for their unborn child. This heart-wrenching story is filled with passion and inspiration. It will truly be an engrossing read for the LGBT audience.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban