Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'