Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 5:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- George Takei Hosts My Husband's Not Straight — The Perfect Follow-Up to TLC's 'Not Gay' Reality Show
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar