Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Mo'Nique: Blackbird Is My 'Love Letter' to the Gay Community