Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting