Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant