Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion