Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married