Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 5:00 AM ET
Radical Feminist in a Topless Band by Carol Newman (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
A multitude of stories from author Carol Newman, Radical Feminist follow her life as a guitar player in a topless band in the early 1970s — and as the only female computer operator and programmer in a changing work field. Newman’s struggle with bipolar disorder is mixed with explanations about the birth of country-rock music, and her dysfunctional family stories are blended with tales of coming of age in a radical time. It all makes for a seamless tale of determination and bravery.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'