Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Your Story Matters… (Tell It) by Linda Bunker (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
Two women met in 1958 and 55 years later are still together, defying the odds. In her autobiographical debut, Linda Bunker finally comes out with her partner after sharing this “secret” for those same 55 years. With a lesson in history, such as the American Psychiatric Association’s list of mental disorders and President Eisenhower’s infamous executive order, heading each chapter, Your Story Matters… (Tell It) helps the reader to understand the struggle to find acceptance, she writes, “in a society that branded homosexuality as inherently wrong.”
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- LISTEN: Santorum Frothing Mad That LGBT Activists Have 'Silenced the Church'
- 2014's Gayest Cities in America