PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
When this photo of a group of Zulu tug-of-war athletes appeared in Health & Strength Magazine in 1903 just after the Boer War, it reflected British curiosity to know more about South Africa and the people who lived there. Treating non-white natives with respect was something rather new for Europeans, so this photo marks a change in thinking.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison