PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
When this photo of a group of Zulu tug-of-war athletes appeared in Health & Strength Magazine in 1903 just after the Boer War, it reflected British curiosity to know more about South Africa and the people who lived there. Treating non-white natives with respect was something rather new for Europeans, so this photo marks a change in thinking.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'