PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
Soldier’s Strength is a magnificent example of Soviet propaganda art. The artist, Boris Fedorovich Fedorov (1922–84), specialized in military subjects. His own career as a soldier reached a high point when he was among those who stormed the Reichstag in the final battle for Berlin in what the Russians call “the Great Patriotic War”. This work, glorifying Russian military manhood, was created in 1957 during the height of the Cold War.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word