PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
Soldier’s Strength is a magnificent example of Soviet propaganda art. The artist, Boris Fedorovich Fedorov (1922–84), specialized in military subjects. His own career as a soldier reached a high point when he was among those who stormed the Reichstag in the final battle for Berlin in what the Russians call “the Great Patriotic War”. This work, glorifying Russian military manhood, was created in 1957 during the height of the Cold War.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy