PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
Soldier’s Strength is a magnificent example of Soviet propaganda art. The artist, Boris Fedorovich Fedorov (1922–84), specialized in military subjects. His own career as a soldier reached a high point when he was among those who stormed the Reichstag in the final battle for Berlin in what the Russians call “the Great Patriotic War”. This work, glorifying Russian military manhood, was created in 1957 during the height of the Cold War.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate