PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
Every fourteenth of July (on French Independence Day), Polynesian natives from all over French Oceania gather at Papeete in Tahiti to celebrate and participate in traditional games including rock-lifting competitions, racing while carrying heavy loads of fruit, and spear-throwing. This news photo from the 1950s shows stalwart young men who hurl their javelins at a coconut atop a tall pole.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview