PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
Every fourteenth of July (on French Independence Day), Polynesian natives from all over French Oceania gather at Papeete in Tahiti to celebrate and participate in traditional games including rock-lifting competitions, racing while carrying heavy loads of fruit, and spear-throwing. This news photo from the 1950s shows stalwart young men who hurl their javelins at a coconut atop a tall pole.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples