PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
The US invaded and annexed the island of Guam during the Spanish-American War of 1898. American forces were stationed on the small island, and during the 1930s a small group of American and Indigenous Chamorro friends got together to form an amateur group of lifting enthusiasts. The inscription on the back of this card reads, “Agana WL [weightlifting] Club.” The four young men have an impressive collection of weights, suggesting an association with the military base.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'