PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
The US invaded and annexed the island of Guam during the Spanish-American War of 1898. American forces were stationed on the small island, and during the 1930s a small group of American and Indigenous Chamorro friends got together to form an amateur group of lifting enthusiasts. The inscription on the back of this card reads, “Agana WL [weightlifting] Club.” The four young men have an impressive collection of weights, suggesting an association with the military base.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Jamie Foxx Called Out for Crossing Line on Bruce Jenner Jokes
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview