PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
The US invaded and annexed the island of Guam during the Spanish-American War of 1898. American forces were stationed on the small island, and during the 1930s a small group of American and Indigenous Chamorro friends got together to form an amateur group of lifting enthusiasts. The inscription on the back of this card reads, “Agana WL [weightlifting] Club.” The four young men have an impressive collection of weights, suggesting an association with the military base.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'