PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
In 1957, the Shah sponsored the World Weightlifting Championships in Tehran, but the Islamic revolution and economic sanctions have since curtailed the country’s participation. In the summer of 1961, this young Persian posed for an admiring throng at a German swimming pool. He has inscribed the back in Farsi, “To my beloved sister,” and signed the photo “Sayeed.”
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word