PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
Anglo-American bodybuilders brought the idea of contests to the field of physical exercise. Building a fine physique is all well and good, but it’s more fun if you’re in competition with someone else. Here are the finalists of the 1949 Mr. Britain contest. American judge John Grimek (1910–98), who was declared Mr. Universe the previous year, looks over the lineup. The winner was Reg Park (1928–2007), the first man in the row.
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- PHOTOS: Transgender Elders Show Us the Meaning of Survival