PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
Anglo-American bodybuilders brought the idea of contests to the field of physical exercise. Building a fine physique is all well and good, but it’s more fun if you’re in competition with someone else. Here are the finalists of the 1949 Mr. Britain contest. American judge John Grimek (1910–98), who was declared Mr. Universe the previous year, looks over the lineup. The winner was Reg Park (1928–2007), the first man in the row.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- Who Influences Our Influential 40 Under 40?
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World