Your Queer Guide to Comic-Con
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
July 17 2013 3:08 AM ET
Comic-Con International, the annual gathering of fan boys and geek girls, returns this weekend to San Diego. Originally limited to showcasing comic books, science fiction/fantasy and related films and television shows, it has grown into a pop culture extravaganza that also incorporates horror, animation, anime, manga, collectible toys, new TV shows, and video games. And it's not just fans who migrate to the event; it draws some of the world’s most notable actors, artists, authors, producers, and directors.
As evidenced by the convention’s longest running panel, Gays in Comics (now making its 26th appearance; see last year's 25th anniversary below), there has long been a place for LGBT folks at Comic-Con. But this year may just be the queerest yet, with LGBT offerings every day of the convention.
To help you sort through it all, on the following pages is our guide to the best of queer Comic-Con.
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 11 min 27 sec ago
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 17 min 2 sec ago
- Transgender How the Pacific Justice Institute Plans to Keep Demonizing Trans Kids 27 min 48 sec ago
- World News Russia's High Court: 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Is Constitutional 36 min 47 sec ago
- Entertainment News GBF's Michael J Willett Stripped Down to Cover of Natasha Bedingfield 40 min 6 sec ago
- Media Tumblr's Top LGBTQ Posts of Year Include Lots of GIFs, Neil Patrick Harris 42 min 5 sec ago
- Film God Loves Uganda Makes Oscar Doc Shortlist 1 hour 10 min ago