LGBT Highlights From Comic-Con International 2013
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
August 15 2013 2:59 PM ET
The Tomorrow People Returns
While there’s no indication that this new version will include the same queer allegories that its 1970s predecessor did, LGBT fans of the British TV show The Tomorrow People flocked to the panel on the CW’s reboot.
The cult hit revolved around a group of young adults who are “Homo Superior” (that is, the next generation of the human species) and have developed skills like telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation powers. They must hide their true nature or risk being ghettoized (or worse) for being different.
Produced by Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Smallvile, Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), and Phil Klemmer, CW’s reboot debuts October 9 at 9 p.m. and stars Robbie Amell (cousin of Arrow star Stephen Amell), Peyton List, and Mark Pellegrino.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature
- S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula
- Television First Look: OITNB Season 2 33 min 28 sec ago
- Transgender 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature 1 hour 3 min ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time 1 hour 6 min ago
- Women Why You Need to See Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour STAT 1 hour 12 min ago
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 1 hour 31 min ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 1 hour 35 min ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 1 hour 36 min ago