LGBT Highlights From Comic-Con International 2013
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
August 15 2013 2:59 PM ET
The Tomorrow People Returns
While there’s no indication that this new version will include the same queer allegories that its 1970s predecessor did, LGBT fans of the British TV show The Tomorrow People flocked to the panel on the CW’s reboot.
The cult hit revolved around a group of young adults who are “Homo Superior” (that is, the next generation of the human species) and have developed skills like telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation powers. They must hide their true nature or risk being ghettoized (or worse) for being different.
Produced by Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Smallvile, Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), and Phil Klemmer, CW’s reboot debuts October 9 at 9 p.m. and stars Robbie Amell (cousin of Arrow star Stephen Amell), Peyton List, and Mark Pellegrino.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Coming Out of the Closet in Front of the Cast of Mamma Mia
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses