LGBT Highlights From Comic-Con International 2013
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
August 15 2013 2:59 PM ET
The Tomorrow People Returns
While there’s no indication that this new version will include the same queer allegories that its 1970s predecessor did, LGBT fans of the British TV show The Tomorrow People flocked to the panel on the CW’s reboot.
The cult hit revolved around a group of young adults who are “Homo Superior” (that is, the next generation of the human species) and have developed skills like telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation powers. They must hide their true nature or risk being ghettoized (or worse) for being different.
Produced by Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Smallvile, Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), and Phil Klemmer, CW’s reboot debuts October 9 at 9 p.m. and stars Robbie Amell (cousin of Arrow star Stephen Amell), Peyton List, and Mark Pellegrino.
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 57 min 53 sec ago
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 1 hour 56 min ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 2 hours 58 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM