BY Advocate.com Editors
October 12 2009 1:05 PM ET
My Life in Ruins – Nia Vardalos resurfaces after a five-year hiatus from the big screen in another attempt at marrying her quirky, leading lady charms with Greek culture in My Life in Ruins. Here she plays a tour guide based in Greece and the Americans have become the butt of most jokes. But the shtick is wearing thin, and a truly ill-advised jab at gay nymphos makes this Greek comedy a distant second to Vardalos's “masterpiece.” Watch the trailer below...
Nip/Tuck: Season 5, Part 2 – Because season 5 of Nip/Tuck was longer than previous seasons, they’ve split the DVD release in two. It works, though, because as crazy as Nip/Tuck has been in seasons past, never before have the gay plotlines been so front and center -- and so beyond messed-up. First, lesbian Liz (Roma Maffia) questions her sexuality after a one-night stand with Christian (Julian McMahon), while an accident on the operating table offs Julia's (Joely Richardson) lady love (Portia de Rossi). Hey, I said crazy, not uplifting.
Peter and Vandy – Writer/director Jay DiPietro makes his debut with this film about the budding relationship between two Manhattanites. Starring Jason Ritter and Jess Weixler in the title roles, the plot unfolds in out-of-order vignettes that underscore the highs and lows of their deteriorating love. Unfortunately, despite strong performances from the leading actors, the movie is bound to receive countless comparisons to this year’s other young and nonchronological love story set to an indie soundtrack, (500) Days of Summer.
Who doesn’t enjoy an evil queen now and then? Revisit the one who’s still the fairest and vainest of them all in Walt Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, beautifully remastered in a new Diamond Edition combo pack. Also on Blu-ray: Fairuza Balk, Neve Campbell, and Robin Tunney conjure up plenty of high school witchery and bitchery in the 1996 horror flick The Craft, and Jack Black and Michael Sera don caveman drag in the prehistoric bromance Year One.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Has A Better Life Than You 26 min 9 sec ago
- Health News AIDS Deaths Plummet In Africa 29 min 5 sec ago
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 39 min 33 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 52 min 11 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 1 hour 47 sec ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 43 min ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 2 hours 21 sec ago