BY Advocate.com Editors
December 18 2009 1:00 PM ET
Avatar – What you have heard ... most expensive movie ever made, James Cameron’s first movie since Titanic, the gigantic blue catlike people make it look cheesy. What you haven’t heard ... 87% of the country’s top critics seem to agree it’s one of the best films of the year. Whether that’s thanks to the story or Sigourney Weaver's return to playing action hero, we aren’t sure. But it should be worth checking out.
Did You Hear About the Morgans? — Sarah Jessica Parker continues to have a rough time distancing herself from the romantic comedy genre (from playing Carrie Bradshaw, that is) in her latest pic, a witness protection program comedy with Hugh Grant. Well, hey ... at least this time she picked an appealing costar.
Nine – It doesn’t get much gayer than Rob Marshall directing a bevy of beautiful (if some of them Botoxed) ladies in a new movie musical. Marion Cotillard is said to steal the show, but really ... Fergie, Nicole Kidman, Sophia Loren, Penélope Cruz, Kate Hudson, and Judi Dench all singing in the same film — how could you miss it? Oh, and Daniel Day-Lewis stars and is said to be brilliant. Watch the lively "musical experience" trailer (for the 17th time, no doubt):
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School