BY Advocate.com Editors
December 18 2009 1:00 PM ET
Avatar – What you have heard ... most expensive movie ever made, James Cameron’s first movie since Titanic, the gigantic blue catlike people make it look cheesy. What you haven’t heard ... 87% of the country’s top critics seem to agree it’s one of the best films of the year. Whether that’s thanks to the story or Sigourney Weaver's return to playing action hero, we aren’t sure. But it should be worth checking out.
Did You Hear About the Morgans? — Sarah Jessica Parker continues to have a rough time distancing herself from the romantic comedy genre (from playing Carrie Bradshaw, that is) in her latest pic, a witness protection program comedy with Hugh Grant. Well, hey ... at least this time she picked an appealing costar.
Nine – It doesn’t get much gayer than Rob Marshall directing a bevy of beautiful (if some of them Botoxed) ladies in a new movie musical. Marion Cotillard is said to steal the show, but really ... Fergie, Nicole Kidman, Sophia Loren, Penélope Cruz, Kate Hudson, and Judi Dench all singing in the same film — how could you miss it? Oh, and Daniel Day-Lewis stars and is said to be brilliant. Watch the lively "musical experience" trailer (for the 17th time, no doubt):
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM