BY Advocate.com Editors
January 22 2010 10:40 AM ET
The Tooth Fairy - Is this a great cinematic masterpiece? No. In fact, hell no. But, if you go to a late showing, you'll avoid all the kids and watch Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as the muscliest tooth fairy this side of Westlemania.
Pop Star on Ice - Olympic hopeful Johnny Weir has lived through several ups and downs since his attempt to win a medal at the 2006 games. As the Vancouver games approach next month, Pop Star on Ice, which was limitedly released on Wednesday, gives a little insight into the life of this flamboyant -- and divisive -- figure skater.
Soundtrack for a Revolution - Filmmakers Bill Guttentag and Dan Sturman remind us of the struggles of revolutions and movements through the music that shaped the times, in Soundtrack for a Revolution...though this also means watching a performance by those not-so-gay-friendly ladies, Mary Mary. We'll find out on Tuesday, whether it will be an Oscar contender in the documentary race.
Gay.com Film festival— In Murder in Fashion, the slaying of Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace by aging boy toy Andrew Cunanan (played by Boy Culture’s stunning Jonathon Trent) who went on a killing rampage across the country during the summer of 1997 before shooting himself in the head on a Miami houseboat gets the docudrama treatment. Misconceptions stars Orlando Jones and David Sutcliffe in a story of a gay couple who decide to micro-manage the pregnancy of a surrogate mother they’ve hired. Greg Louganis and Karen Black appear in Watercolors, in which a young gay artist is haunted by memories of his first love. The triple feature opens today in Los Angeles and New York.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 9 min 49 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM