BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2010 3:00 PM ET
Concrete Jungle by Nneka. This 28-year-old Nigerian musician sounds like M.I.A., but she's more political than quirky. Beloved by critics, Nneka is set to become a critical darling with Concrete Jungle, her first American release. Filled with catchy African beats, the album is great driving or treadmill music that manages to still have a message (the evils of capitalism and poverty, mostly). Out Tuesday.
Recollection by k.d. lang - The Canadian chanteuse releases her first-ever career retrospective; a three-CD collection that includes music videos and live performance footage. With songs like "The Consequences of Falling," "Hallejuah," and "Miss Chatelaine," who needs convincing?
topgaysongs.com - Music buffs will enjoy this new site that breaks down the gay essentials for you. There's also a lesbian list currently being compiled through reader votes.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown