BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2010 2:00 PM ET
Concrete Jungle by Nneka. This 28-year-old Nigerian musician sounds like M.I.A., but she's more political than quirky. Beloved by critics, Nneka is set to become a critical darling with Concrete Jungle, her first American release. Filled with catchy African beats, the album is great driving or treadmill music that manages to still have a message (the evils of capitalism and poverty, mostly). Out Tuesday.
Recollection by k.d. lang - The Canadian chanteuse releases her first-ever career retrospective; a three-CD collection that includes music videos and live performance footage. With songs like "The Consequences of Falling," "Hallejuah," and "Miss Chatelaine," who needs convincing?
topgaysongs.com - Music buffs will enjoy this new site that breaks down the gay essentials for you. There's also a lesbian list currently being compiled through reader votes.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?