BY Advocate.com Editors
February 03 2010 4:25 PM ET
Dear John – From the instant in the trailer when a shirtless Channing Tatum dives into the ocean to save Amanda Seyfried’s purse, it becomes fairly clear who the target audience for this syrupy romance is. Plus, with Chocolat director Lasse Hallström at the helm, you’re bound to get a few genuine tears. Based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, Dear John is sure to attract emotional gay fans in droves.
From Paris With Love – John Travolta has been trying to build a career out of playing borderline psychopaths as of late, and he continues the trend with From Paris With Love, the story of a slightly off his rocker spy looking to stop a terrorist attack with the help of an aide to the U.S. ambassador’s office (Jonathan Rhys Meyers). So look for John to bring the crazy and Jonathan to bring the sexy.
Eyes Wide Open – The directorial debut by Israeli filmmaker Haim Tabakman, Eyes Wide Open tells the story of married father of two Rivka and his romance with a 22-year-old male student. Set against Jerusalem’s ultra-orthodox Jewish community, the film magnificently captures Rivka’s feelings of desire and torment. As the director says in the film’s press notes: “Religious people do not consider homosexuality a sin: it just does not exist.” This film sets out to achieve his goals – it helps to break the silence.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks
- Judge Denies Divorce, Blames Marriage Equality
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself