BY Advocate.com Editors
February 03 2010 3:25 PM ET
Heligoland by Massive Attack– Even with the rave scene mostly dead and buried, electronic music is alive and well. Massive Attack, creating futuristic sounds for over 20 years, is back with their fifth album (named after a German archipelago). Heligoland delivers 10 mellow trip-hop cuts suitable for making out or getting ready for a night on the town. Out Tuesday
One Life Stand by Hot Chip – This is the fourth release from Hot Chip, a quintet of dance music-loving London hipster nerds. The title-track is an '80s flashback with a romantic twist ("Will you stand by your old man?" is repeated over and over), and most of the other songs are just as breezy and fun. Out Tuesday.
Soldier of Love by Sade– Usually thought of as a solo act, Sade is a four-member group headed up by British-Nigerian beauty Sade Adu. Soldier of Love is the first new material since 2000's Lovers Rock, and the title-track is already on its way to being a classic. Kicking off with defiant bugle blasts, the song is an addictive, raegge inflected tale of a scorned woman who refuses to give up on love — in other words, a gay anthem waiting to happen. Other highlights include "Babyfather," "Bring Me Home," and "The Safest Place." Out Tuesday.
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 12 min 17 sec ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 45 min 47 sec ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM