BY Advocate.com Editors
February 03 2010 4:25 PM ET
Heligoland by Massive Attack– Even with the rave scene mostly dead and buried, electronic music is alive and well. Massive Attack, creating futuristic sounds for over 20 years, is back with their fifth album (named after a German archipelago). Heligoland delivers 10 mellow trip-hop cuts suitable for making out or getting ready for a night on the town. Out Tuesday
One Life Stand by Hot Chip – This is the fourth release from Hot Chip, a quintet of dance music-loving London hipster nerds. The title-track is an '80s flashback with a romantic twist ("Will you stand by your old man?" is repeated over and over), and most of the other songs are just as breezy and fun. Out Tuesday.
Soldier of Love by Sade– Usually thought of as a solo act, Sade is a four-member group headed up by British-Nigerian beauty Sade Adu. Soldier of Love is the first new material since 2000's Lovers Rock, and the title-track is already on its way to being a classic. Kicking off with defiant bugle blasts, the song is an addictive, raegge inflected tale of a scorned woman who refuses to give up on love — in other words, a gay anthem waiting to happen. Other highlights include "Babyfather," "Bring Me Home," and "The Safest Place." Out Tuesday.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Newlywed Photos That Will Make Kim Davis's Head Spin
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series